BooTea

Diets are nothing new to society. In fact, they’ve been a craze for a while. They come in many forms. Starvation, cleanse, paleo (“caveman”), vegetarian and MANY many more. After having tried a couple myself and seeing various results, I have decided to look into the new fad to see if it would be worth it. “Bootea Teatox” as it is referred to, is a detox of the body, and is accomplished by only drinking “Bootea,” which can be ordered online for $30 for a 14-day period or $54 for a 28 day detox. My friends who have used this program have seen results, so I decided to take a look at what exactly makes it work.
According to bootea.com, their system works by consuming their “daytime tea,” consisting of “Chinese oolong tea, maté leaves, ginger root, fennel seeds, lemongrass, dandelion leaf, ginseng root, gotu kola leaves and nettle leaves,” during the day and the “bedtime cleanse,” which after research, I’ve discovered to be a laxative. This tea consists of “senna leaves, peppermint leaves, fenugreek seeds, liquorice root, burdock root, hawthorn leaves, valerian root and psyllium seeds”. After visiting several review sites, I found that the nighttime tea created a lot of discomfort for users. When I asked my friends who used the product, they agreed that making it through a night without using the bathroom was very rare for the 14 days.
So after reading through all of the crazy-named ingredients, I still pondered about what they all really meant and how the system worked as a whole. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a “science-based” website that explained the process in depth, so I chose to trust the Bootea website for most of my information. I’m really interested in this diet, so I chose to pursue the topic, just like Andrew inspires us to. I plan on completing the diet myself and hopefully using the information and results I gain for the next blog period.
The website contains many pictures which shows amazing results. I question if they were edited, but for now, I’ll give the product the benefit of the doubt. This dramatic weight loss stems from completely natural ingredients. “The aim of Bootea is to give you the boost you need to get back on track with your healthy eating and active lifestyle. The ingredients used in our teas have been used for centuries for health and wellbeing purposes but it is only now we have finally brought all these unique ingredients into one perfect, rounded product. Teatox is a fancy word we use to describe the way the body goes through a natural process of elimination, by removing unwanted ‘toxins’ & built up waste matter, from your body via the lungs, kidneys, bowels and skin,” explains bootea.com.
From the website, I gathered the gist of the process. Basically, these ingredients provoke the exiting of toxins from the body, and ultimately look to get rid of any extra feces that may be lurking in your abdomen. The main ingredient in the daytime tea, ginger root, derived from India and is used to settle stomach problems. According to the Isha Foundation, ginger can “increase saliva flow to aid digestion,” which explains why it helps in the excretion of waste, thus showing results. After more investigating, I’ve found that peppermint is indeed used to relieve constipation. Livestrong breaks down how peppermint is “anti-spasmatic” meaning it calms the muscle lining in your stomach, which allows waste to pass through more easily. Overall, users of Bootea, (according to the website) have found great success. The all natural product seems to stimulate waste movement really well and interacts appropriately with the other ingredients. Users explained on various Bootea blogs that they lost between 5-7 pounds after the 14 day treatment. Of course, we must take into consideration the bias of the website, and the fact that correlation (tea and weight loss) may not equal causation (the amount of weight loss), because other “Z” factors such as the food plan and additional exercise can possibly take the credit. However, I am excited to hopefully try this myself and see what results I find, but overall, I can deduce that the natural/earth made ingredient composition of Bootea is the reason for it’s success. No preservatives, no chemicals: back to natural science. “Give the body good, the body gives good back.”

BooTea Cleansing Detox Teas Are They Really Worth The Hype 1

Sources: www.bootea.com

www.livestrong.com

ishafoundation