Do we rally need vitamins and minerals supplements?

VitaminMineralSupplementsAisle640

Now, people lives become more busy and most of they people won’t spend much time on having a proper meals. So they have many different kind of vitamins and minerals they take everyday to reach with the daily nutrients intake. Many people are taking things they never heard of just because the bottle said that it is good for health. Some of them take 10 pills every morning. So the question is, do daily vitamins and minerals really work?

73213927

The vitamin pills do include vitamin in there, and those are what human body needed. But if you think just by taking those pills and you are going to get healthy, then you are completely wrong. On the bottle or the label, it always says vitamin and minerals supplements. That means it was only the support, the add on. So you still need to eat proper, eat the vegetables, fruits, and meats needed for your body. Pills can’t turn your unhealthy diet into healthy.

“a registered dietitian Karen Ansel said that “Food contains thousands of phytochemicals, fiber, and more that work together to promote good health that cannot be duplicated with a pill or a cocktail of supplements.” ” (WebMD)

The healthy meals is very important, it gives you most of your daily nutrients, that included vitamins, minerals, proteins and all the other stuffs your body need. When you had your meals, and your still find out that there is a nutrients gap, then you can take the vitamins and minerals supplements. Although they only help a little.  People are spending too much money on the nutrients they don’t need. They think they can use health to exchange with money first, then use money to buy health. But unfortunate, the world doesn’t play like that. The only way to get a healthy diet is to literary eat a healthy diet.  (ASA) (WebMD) Here is a website that contain a chart telling you what kind of people really need supplements. (MotherJones)

If you want your body to be healthy, stop buying those supplements that is useless to you. Spend the money on a good diet that contain nutrients you really need. Of course those vitamin and minerals supplements can always help you, but they are just filling the gap in your diet. If you have nothing at first, then supplements won’t really help!

shutterstock_163244129_1

6 thoughts on “Do we rally need vitamins and minerals supplements?

1. Tyler John Sokolich

I agree with your point about how supplementing and eating aren’t the same thing. For one thing you don’t feel as filled up after supplementing as you do eating. I broke my jaw and was on a liquid diet for 6 weeks, and was restricted to supplements and protein shakes to get my calories. I was always starving I felt like I had no substance in my stomach. It isn’t natural for the body to not eat. However, supplements can be healthy on the side for say someone who is a vegan and can’t get all of the nutrients of someone with a regular diet. Or just as a nutritional boost to your daily diet. I liked the points you picked to bring to attention throughout the article.

2. Alexandra Carley Spanier

Although vitatmins may not be necessary, fat soluble vitamins can be stored in the body to use later on. its true that many people take too many vitamins but in some instances it helps them. For example if people have weak bones or don’t have enough protein they have to take vitamins to stay healthy. It is definitely not ok though to not have proper meals. Eating is one of the most important things and something that we absolutely need to do.

3. Claire E Going

I agree with your conclusion in this article that many people take in too many supplements, and not enough natural vitamins and minerals in their diets. however, one thing I’ve learned from a nutrition class in high school is that you can not take too many vitamins or minerals. If you eat the proper amount in your diet, and then eat Vitafusion dietary supplements, for example twice a day on top of that, your body just gets rid of the excess by urinating it out. So you can’t overdose on these, which is good to know.

4. das5959

I agree with this article, that people take too many vitamins. For example, my friends had a doctor that recommended they take vitamin D pills during the winter. He refused, citing that “everyone else here has vitamin D deficiency, why should I take pills? Moral of the story was that people have a tenancy to take pills instead of solving the actual problem. There are plenty of foods that will give you all the vitamins you need, you don’t have to take pills

5. Rory McGowan

I don’t really think it is a question that we need a certain amount of nutrients in order to have a healthy diet. For many people, their diets simply are not sufficient enough to give them adequate doses of each vitamin necessary to a sanitary life. I believe that this could lead to a pretty interesting experiment–which diet is most conducive to a healthy lifestyle? Regardless, I thought you did a nice job getting together a good amount of information and presenting it.

6. Anthony Joseph Martin

I do think that you need to apply other healthy methods of living to maximize the benefits of vitamins. But a lot of vitamins one could take can be good for you if you just take them in the morning. A good amount of vitamins are actually water soluble, and the excess of the vitamin is discarded through urine. Vitamin B vitamins: folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 are all water soluble along with vitamin C. So they are in and out of your body and if taken in the right doses can only do good. Money is definitely a component though, seeing as taking a lot of supplements could get on the expensive side. I think that is where the healthy eating and habits come in, you have to help yourself out!