Tu Yoyo—2015 Nobel Prize winner

download

Well, this blog might be the last one for this semester. I learned a lot from SCIENCE 200, and this class is really interesting. In the end of this period, I would like to talk about Tu Youyou, one of the 2015 Nobel Prize winner. I was born in Taiwan and grew up in China, and when I knew this news, I felt proud.

Tu Youyou, a Chinese female scientist, won the 2015 Nobel Prize of physiology or medicine was reporting. She spent 40 years of her life to research in anti-Malaria. Inspirited by the traditional Chinese medicine, She found an effective compound called Artemisia annua in the Chinese herb and an effective extraction method. It is so excited for Chinese cause she is the first female who win the Nobel Prize in science field in China. Moreover, she is also called “three noes” scientist in China because she has no medical degree, no experience aboard or no title of academician in the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Though there are many people who critic the evaluation system of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, it is the honor for the hardworking medical scientists. People should salute to the real scientists and the contribution they made for the human.

2 thoughts on “Tu Yoyo—2015 Nobel Prize winner

1. Diego

It was very interesting to find out that Tu Youyou, the first Chinese individual to win a Nobel Price in the science field, without having neither a medical degree, no experience abroad or no title from the Chinese Academy of Science.
    There are just some grammatical errors that can easily be solved but regardless of that this blog was short and interesting. You could also have included a live link showing were you found out your information. For instance, including a widely known source such as the New York Times talking about this could have further help you blog acquire more credibility. Here is an article from such source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/world/asia/tu-youyou-chinese-scientist-nobel-prize.html?_r=0