Why are women more emotional than men?

Why are women more emotional than men?

All of my life, I have experienced my friends who are girls becoming emotional wrecks after a break up or tragic event. I never understood why they become this way, considering after a break up I tend to be fine with the condolence of my friends. I always wondered why women get so emotional.

images

It is actually due to the wiring in a female’s brain. A group of neurons in a women’s brain processes events that contain aggressive acts and fearful ones. Women and men experience this in different ways. “For men, the cluster “talks with” brain regions that help them respond to sensors for what’s going on outside the body, such as the visual cortex and an area that coordinates motor actions. For women, the cluster communicates with brain regions that help them respond to sensors inside the body, such as the insular cortex and hypothalamus. These areas tune in to and regulate women’s hormones, heart rate, blood pressure, digestion and respiration.” This might not seem like a big deal, but in the long run it really does make a difference in how people react.

http://www.livescience.com/4085-emotional-wiring-men-women.html

women-men

University of Basel conducted a study that neurologically showed why women are more emotional than men. “Using fMRI data from 696 test subjects, the researchers were also able to show that stronger appraisal of negative emotional image content by the female participants is linked to increased brain activity in motoric regions.” Dr Klara Spalek, who was the lead author in the study, explain how this shows that women are actually neurologically more emotional than men. This experimental study properly used the generation of images to trigger different emotional responses from different subject.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2919083/Male-female-brains-really-wired-differently-Study-finds-women-far-affected-emotional-images.html

woman-man-argue_2471191b

Next time you see your girl friend crying, or upset about something, remember that they are wired differently than males and it is not their fault for getting so emotional.

4 thoughts on “Why are women more emotional than men?

1. cmd6021

I thought this article was especially interesting because it was from a male perspective. Its extremely insightful to see how guys think and I like how he put his personal thoughts into this blog. Also, I always did wonder why girls need a while to recover and spend weeks crying when going through a breakup and boys seem to just brush it off but not it makes total sense and I don’t feel so bad about it anymore because its not me its the way my brain is wired.
    Here is an article further explaining why women tend to get more emotional than men.
    http://www.thehopeline.com/102-why-do-women-handle-emotions-differently-than-men/

2. Nicole Cherie Paul

I was wondering the same thing, I know LGBT same sex couples are the best when it comes to communicating, but I am interested to know if transgender or males identifying as females are more emotional than men. This could be interesting to look further into.

3. Caroline Rose Ackiewicz

This post raises an interesting point, but couldn’t it be possible that sociology could have a significant impact as well? It seems possible that women acting more emotional than men could be a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy: they are expected to be more emotional so they are, while act less emotional because that is what society expects of them.

4. Angela M Hardin

I wonder how this plays out in transgendered community? Do their emotions get wired for the gender they are born or the one they choose? Short question but provides a lot to think about for me