Link

INITIAL BLOG POST:)

Hi, my name is Justine Barth, i’m from Bucks County, PA and i’m looking forward to spending the semester in this class with you all. My reasoning for taking SC 200 is mainly due to the fact that I needed a science general education course and this seemed to be the best for me since I am most definitely not a science person. When I was picking my classes, my advisor recommended this course and it seems interesting so here I am! Most of my classes taken in high school were the basic “note taking and test taking” classes with little critical thinking about the actual world so i’m excited to try this for a change. After attending class today some of the topics we discussed such as family generations and the making of a human really interested me rather than a typical science class like chemistry would do. I never imagined myself in a science major and I don’t think anything can change that. There wasn’t a single science class that I genuinely enjoyed or excelled in but i’m hoping this class will be different! I am currently in the Division of Undergraduate Studies and am trying to get into the Business as soon as possible. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do when I am out of college but hopefully something along the lines of fashion marketing/merchandising. I am very girly so that type of stuff intrigues me. If you are very different than me here is a link to my favorite store that got me into fashion: Bloomingdales pink glitter

5 thoughts on “Initial Blog Post:)

1. lem5522

Okay here is the live link to my comment from before… I put the wrong link and could not get it to be live so here is my updated comment….

Hi Justine! I will agree with you on critical thinking and say critical thinking in science will not only be beneficial to us in this class, but also outside of this class with science every day. This will not only be beneficial to us in science but in other majors such as marketing, which I am also considering! Before coming to PSU I thought I wanted to go to fashion school at Kent State because of their program but chose not to. However I did some research and know some things about fashion and marketing, so here is a link thought could be useful as you decide your future path!

sorry i am still playing around with this comment… trying to get the live link to work…
    link

2. lem5522

3. lem5522

Hi Justine! I will agree with you on critical thinking and say critical thinking in science will not only be beneficial to us in this class, but also outside of this class with science every day. This will not only be beneficial to us in science but in other majors such as marketing, which I am also considering! Before coming to PSU I thought I wanted to go to fashion school at Kent State because of their program but chose not to. However I did some research and know some things about fashion and marketing, so here is a linkhttps://youtu.be/wgWyepFdoc0 I thought could be useful as you decide your future path!

Lauren

4. Jessica Rose Heckler

Hey Justine, I’m Jess! I’m from Bucks County too, and I went to Pennridge High School. It’s funny that we’re about 3 and half hours away from Bucks County now but still meeting people from so close to home! Here’s a link about our hometown! I also took this class after being told it’d be a good one by my academic advisor. After reading through the list of science gen eds I was given, I was completely lost at which one to choose considering I’m not really a science kid either, but this one seems perfect. As for shopping, I have actually never been to Bloomingdale’s, but then again you’ll probably see me in class wearing athletic shorts, a t-shirt, and nikes so that could definitely be why.

5. Audra Wren Laskey

Hey Justine, I’m Audra! I totally agree with your views on taking in this course. I believe the different type of learning style that will be presented will be interesting and hopefully I will get something out of it. I saw your link to Bloomingdales, and I have to agree that I am a shopaholic too. I found an interesting link http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/shopping-and-happiness here about how shopping can effect your mental state. Its a good read!