Lets give it a try

Hello fellow inmates of SioWfa16! My name is Chris Tarantino and I’ll make my attempt to distract us from our imprisonment…except this class is great so far, very interesting and I’m looking forward to more!

I’m a sophomore here at Penn State, and undecided as of yet (the clock is ticking though.) I’ve always liked science, and growing up my role models were people like Archimedes and Louis Pasteur and Bill Nye (he made science seem so fun.) I wanted to be a scientist because they were cool and discovered awesome things.

This handsome fellow inspired a love of science in children more than anyone else.

Then I started taking science classes and learned that not only was I not very good at it, I also didn’t like it that much. Maybe it was a part of the way it is taught in schools, but I found it both boring and difficult. However I never lost my appreciation for science, and always enjoy hearing about new discoveries, although I might not understand exactly how they came to be.

I took this class both because I need science gen ed credits as well as being interested in the description. It was a science class that looked at science from a non-scientist viewpoint, one I recently started trying to do (and I can still tell people I’m taking a science class.)

Although the topics we (initially) will discuss vary greatly (Where does evil come from? vs. could a zombie virus exist?,) I can’t wait to actually get into this class and learn more from that great accent.

This article is just one of the many ways science benefits the world. A cheaper and more efficient way to get clean water for the poor is another step to making the world a better place, and science is the one taking those steps.