No More Science

Hey everyone, my name is Alyssa Frey and I’m from a village (not even big enough to be a town) in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I am undecided right now, but I am considering a major in marketing. All throughout high school, science was my worst subject. I dreaded going every day to science class whether it was Earth and Space Science, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics. Every year I had a new science class, I thought if I just study and do my work I’ll do well. I couldn’t be more wrong. It seemed that every single year I had a horrible teacher who made science even worse for me. I am clearly not majoring in science because I never understand it and find it incredibly boring.

When I was planning my schedule at NSO, I was told that since I will most likely be on a business path, I never have to take my most hated science classes. I found this course as a gen. ed and it automatically looked interesting to me. I think what really stuck out was “this is a class for non-scientists.” As much as I’d love to be good at science and really enjoy it, I just don’t and this class seemed like the right one for me. My older brother is also always watching the discovery network and loves learning about science related things that are going on in our world and outside of it. When I read this class description, I automatically thought of him and how he would have loved to be able to take a class like this. I can’t wait to share with him all the interesting things we learn and talk about in this class.

Music is a huge passion of mine. I play guitar, love to sing, and am constantly listening to music when I’m studying or going somewhere. I found this interesting article about what music does to our brains.

musichead

3 thoughts on “No More Science

1. Ashton Blair Pinter

Hey Alyssa! I just read your post, and think we have a lot in common. I too do not enjoy science at all (basically like everyone else in this class). The link you posed about what music does to our brains seems like a really awesome video, one that I would actually watch! Just like you, I take music with me everywhere. The song I am listening to right now is called Can’t stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOdWSiyWoc