No thanks to science!

Hello my name is Joie Nicole Nearn. I am from Philadelphia,PA. I am currently in the college of education studying to be a secondary education major with a focus in history. I miss living in the beautiful city of Philly, this is a very hard adjustment for me, too many trees.

enhanced-20351-1445974811-2

I selected this class because science has always been a challenging course for me, and I have always struggled with this. However, I truly enjoy discussing the things that go on around me. Science 200 seems like a great choice for me considering the lack of passion I have for science ,and the enjoyment I have for talking about the world around me.

I choose an this article titled “Skinny and 119 Pounds,but With the Health Hallmarks of Obesity”. I choose because in the media you constantly hear about scientist finding new discoveries about obesity and weight gain. People often associate major health issues with obesity, unlike this article the person was extremely thin.

One thought on “No thanks to science!

1. Molly Mccarthy Tompson

The article you alluded to that discusses obesity and weight gain was very interesting to me because I am aware and extremely curious about the obesity epidemic in our country. The causes, effects, and problems associated with obesity are on the rise. It reminded me of this
    this article