Science is Known for Crushing Hopes and Dreams

Hello everyone. My name is Abigail Edwards, and I am from Las Vegas, Nevada. I chose to attend Penn State because I love the campus and I was captivated by the amount of school spirt. I am currently a freshman and I am undecided, but I am interested in International Political Economics. In high school I was a cheerleader, on the swim team, and on the debate team. Although I will not be continuing cheer or swim here at PSU, I would love to continue debating. I was a part of Lincoln-Douglas debate and I wrote and performed a speech called an Oratory. Here you will find two links, one to an example of an Oratory Here and the other to an example of a LD debate Here.

I am taking Science 200 because science has never been my thing. I always did well but I hated every second of it. I have always been a hard worker but when my chemistry class was the first B I received in my life, I got a little discouraged in the world of science. Not to mention my teacher of this chemistry class told me that “Chemistry was known for crushing hopes and dreams”, if that doesn’t put a damper on your day I don’t know what will. So my sophomore self then decided that science was not for me.

Although Science will be the death of me, this course looked less painful. The topics we are studying are interesting topics, for example are drugs better than teachers, are animals gay, and where does evil come from. These are only three of the many topics that will actually keep my attention. I have very high expectations for my performance in this class.