Submerged In Science

Hello, my name is Hugo Almeida and I’m from North Jersey. I’m currently a DUS freshman with specific intentions of majoring in Finance. I’m taking this class because I wanted something that was real-world oriented and involved various current events that range from across the globe. I was looking to fill my schedule with one last science Gen ED course and after looking through just about every possible option, I stumbled upon, “Science In Our World”. The title itself immediately attracted me with the possibility that this could fit exactly what I was looking for, potentially making connections between science and different aspects of our everyday life and the world. So seeing it as my best option I enrolled hoping this was exactly what it turned out to be. I was not a fan of my high school science classes therefore I had absolutely no intention of being a science major. On top of that, the fact that my whole family is business may have something to do with it, but not complaining because numbers is much more my stronger suit. The important factor with this specific course that separates it from other science Gen-Eds is that it is aimed at non-science majors so that being said, I’m really looking forward to all that’s in-store with this class.

FBorVIm

Something about me is that I have a real passion for the ocean and all of it’s content, so for me something interesting is this article here. I love learning of unique random facts and I’m excited to understand how science relates to such vast things that we overlook.