ANTI

I’m not ashamed to admit that I couldn’t be a scientist, not even a mathematician. However, I could be the president of the United States of America in 2033. I could make history.

But, today, I’m Trae Morgan-White. I’m a freshman, I’m 18 years old, and I’m from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. No, I’m not a science major—I’m 99.9% sure those four hour chemistry and biology labs are mentally draining (like Purell is 99.9% guaranteed to kill germs on your hands). Instead, I’m majoring in digital and print journalism!

163667-L-LOI chose this class because I love controversy, and that’s the point of SC 200. Am I right? You don’t have to memorize Newton’s Laws or all parts of a cell. There’s no formulas. No experiments. Nothing. It’s anti-science in a science course, and ANTI is my favorite prefix (word to Rihanna).

Of course, science is everywhere, and it won’t go away. This course is for non-science majors; therefore, it was made for me. In addition, I’m very interested in sociology and other social sciences. I have some sort of addiction with observing the minds of humans. I’m just so deep.

I look forward to this class and the controversial topics we plan to explore. No matter how much science makes me want to itch, SC 200 will be interesting. Yup.

1 thought on “ANTI

1. Bradd Anthony Dent

Hey Trey. I like your post, but I don’t agree with your view on controversy. I am with you when it comes to controversy being exciting and more interesting to explore, but discussion about new developments or alternative is always controversial. I think that what is unknown is not always met with mistrust or rejection, but sometimes with probing curiosity.