Hey SC 200, my name is Zach Himel and I am a freshman in DUS. New student orientation is meant to be a stress-free experience where a student can figure out their schedules for the fall semester with a college advisor. Most students’ drove in and out of Penn State that weekend for their orientation, but being from Chicago, I had a flight to catch home. My advisor was terrible at navigating through the scheduling website, while also being occupied by another student to her left. With little time before my flight began boarding, I had to pick another class to fulfill the advisor’s credit requirements. I had been ready to attend classes in the summer, but in the meantime, I was scheduling for the fall. My schedule consisted of too little credits according to the advisor, who I understood little of what she was saying. This meeting is where my advisor introduced me to science 200. The advisor had recommended that I took it, so I did. In the end, the reason I am taking Science 200 is that I was in a rush, and needed to pick additional credits before I missed my flight!

I spent time studying science topics such as earth science in high school, and then other base sciences required by my school. I am not planning to be a science major because I would like to graduates from Penn State’s business school. Not only would I like to graduate from the business school, but also graduate from a law school that is noteworthy. Unfortunately, I did not do as well as I would have liked to in the summer, but my goal is to get excellent grades this fall. If I were to be a science major, I most likely would study space or the ocean because I find both those topics interesting. What is most interesting about the ocean and space is the lack of understanding humans have about the two. The ocean has millions of unknown species and humans are also far from capable of searching the deep sea. Here is a YouTube video that is pretty cool, called, 5 Extraordinary Sea Creatures That Will Blow Your Mind”. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X42bS-WN0kI) I used to watch documentaries about both space and the ocean on Netflix when I was young. I specifically remember an exciting episode of Cosmos narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson. TFunny-science-news-experiments-memes-going-to-space-harder-than-your-motherhe endless amount of possibilities space has to offer I find really interesting and captivating. Something about science that bothers me is the length it takes to study something. I tend to have a short attention span, so patiently observing things can quickly bore me. I also disliked observing dead animals in high school. Although I find different topics of science to be fascinating, I still feel graduating from the business school will be most beneficial for my future.

combatarms.wikia.com