Science is no use to me

Hey everyone. My name is Bradd, and I am from Albrightsville. I am a Junior here at Penn State and I transferred from the Hazleton Campus. Right now I am pursuing a major in Sociology with the ultimate objective of entering law school in mind.That goal is the main reason why I am not planning to be a Science major, but it is not as if I have no interest in science major. I recognize Sociology is a social science but Penn State does not see it as a natural science. I like to think that I keep relatively informed on the more important scientific developments happening right now, and some of my favorite video games revolve around understanding physics. I just feel like my better talents come from analyzing and interpreting writing and artistic sub-text. When I was a kid I enjoyed reading film reviews that deconstructed every part of a movie. I read a lot of classical literature (I should also mention I wasn’t great at making friends) and learned that most of them had fascinating messages and implications that were hidden, almost subliminal unless you were looking. I also watched a lot of videos like this that helped me understand more about the stuff I’ve read and made it much easier to absorb. When I took a Business Law class in high school, I realized that I was interpreting statutes, contracts, and case briefs better than some of the other people there, and I thought, “I guess I’ll be a lawyer.”

Image result for book
Why am I doing this course? I honestly can’t remember why I chose it has been a while since I selected classes. At the time of writing this, I am about 80% sure that it fulfills a course requirement. I am staying because it is very similar to a class I took in Hazelton that I enjoyed although it was a little less focused and much smaller. I also related to a lot of what Andrew said in his introduction of the course. Two of my science teachers in high school did downplay the more creative side of science in favor of the fundamentals, and, that did help to turn me off when it came to pursuing the sciences. I admit that I don’t think I’ll ever truly understand how a lot this stuff works, but I do know that knowing what is happening in the scientific community is important for observing the progress and potential of the human race, and that’s good to know.