Time for wine: 2012, the end.

One of the nicest things about finishing the course is the emails some students send to say how much they have enjoyed the course, how much they learned etc etc. Most then ruin it by asking for a higher grade. But some do not. And its important to enjoy these ones, because really, that’s why I do it.

Two this year really struck me.
Thank you for a wonderful semester. I truly have come to appreciate your course. I have spent 5 years at Penn State receiving my undergraduate and graduate degree in accounting, and your class has been one of most enjoyable courses I have taken. I wish I had taken your course as a younger student at PSU. It has taught me how to analyze information better than just about any class I have taken at Penn State. I hope your course continues to help non-science majors like myself get a better appreciation for science.
I wish I had got to know that student during the semester. I wish him well.
Another student, a journalism student I think, emailed to say she’d been blogging about a science story herself, rather than pass it on to someone else at Onward State. Fabulous. One small step for man…
Ok, I am signing out of here. The class of 2012 is done. Maybe I will try to sum it all up later. 

NZwine.jpg

Or maybe not.