Week 2: Blog Post

WOAH!  This was my first response after reading each article.  I learned many new things while also confirming ideas and thoughts about how students learn today.  The first article, Minds on Fire, grabbed my attention with the statement, “Nor is it likely that the current methods of teaching and learning will suffice to prepare students for the lives they will lead in the twenty-first century.”  I pride myself on being a teacher that helps students prepare for life after high school.  I teach life skills in my curriculum, such as child development, communication, intrapersonal & interpersonal relationships, conflict resolution, dating/marriage, nutrition & food preparation to name a few.  Well, after reading these articles I need to update my approach!  Sure, I offer opportunities to use the Web, work in groups to promote collaboration and sharing of ideas which both articles confirmed is much needed to support the learning process.  I learned it is much more than that.

Students today definitely learn differently, this is not new.  It is amazing to think that some of these kids will have jobs that aren’t even created yet.  Cool! With that being said, if they are not created yet, how do we prepare them?  In the second article, Learning, Working & Playing in the Digital Age, the author answers that question.  As educators, we have to teach more transferable skills in learning how to learn.  The author speaks about discovery based or experiential based learning as well as social learning as some ways the digital student learns.  So basically, using the web to discover information, determine what information is trustworthy and then how to take that information and apply or use it.  Right? Ok, how can we do that?

Educators today need to take a step back as the “expert” and act more as facilitators or guides to help student navigate their own learning process.   Provide students with more opportunities to apply important theories/information they are learning to real world problems. This model aligns with my personal philosophy of learning.  Designing learning environments to encompass this model of learning however could be difficult, especially in some areas of education. The fact that we are already using different ways to learn from each other everyday is a positive start. The mind shift from no one is an expert to everyone can be an expert is one that we need to embrace.  I know these articles made me step back as an educator and think how can I incorporate less of me and more of them.

170 Comments on Week 2: Blog Post

1. Geta Shr
    May 25, 2021 at 9:59 am (3 years ago)

In low income countries technology in education is still unaffordable as well as the teachers also lacks a diploma in computer education

Reply
  2. jhon set
    May 25, 2021 at 4:51 pm (3 years ago)

Purchasing discounted mattresses does not mean a person needs to settle for poor quality, there are many fine quality mattresses available. One only needs to comparison shop using online resources, consumer guides, and recommendations from family and friends to select a fine quality reduced price mattress. cheap truck mattress

Reply
  3. Search Engines Monster
    May 27, 2021 at 10:38 am (3 years ago)

Search Engines Monster is the best SEO company in Bangladesh. Our mission is to ensure the potential of your business to a new level with our powerful internet marketing strategies. For more details Call us at +880 1701 000 255 or Visit us at 1017/2, East Shewrapara, Dhaka 1216, Bangladesh. Our official website: http://www.searchengines.monster

Reply
  4. Reparatii
    May 28, 2021 at 6:28 am (3 years ago)

Reparatii Injectoare Buzau – Service autorizat pentru sisteme de injectie, reparam orice injector Bosch, Delphi, Piezo, Pompe Duze, Siemens.
    Detinem aparatura performanta pentru verificarea si calibrarea injectoarelor Diesel Common Rail si Pompe Duze.

Reply
  5. Budi
    June 29, 2021 at 3:29 am (3 years ago)

i couldnt aggree more with you sonya. thats correct and how student learn and know its depends on the student itself. not the teacher tho

Reply
  6. Boodi
    June 29, 2021 at 3:31 am (3 years ago)

https://luxtagram.com/

Reply
  7. Clint
    June 29, 2021 at 5:49 am (3 years ago)

Technology in Education is a suitable title for your post in your blog.
    keep spirit and nice share. Judi online terbaik

Reply
  8. bekasiku
    July 19, 2021 at 10:02 am (3 years ago)

bekasiku bekasiku

Reply
  9. onlineeteachers
    August 4, 2021 at 3:50 pm (3 years ago)

Nice & informative article, I highly appreciate your efforts.
    We aim to connect you with the best teachers only. Know more info look here Online Tutor

Reply
  10. Time Course
    August 5, 2021 at 4:30 pm (3 years ago)

Search the most comprehensive master’s, postgraduate courses search database in the UK, USA, and Europe to find your perfect MA, MSc, MBA, or Ph.D. prog and Scholarships.

Reply
  11. Time Course
    August 5, 2021 at 4:32 pm (3 years ago)

Search the most comprehensive master’s, postgraduate courses search database in the UK, USA, and Europe to find your perfect MA, MSc, MBA, or Ph.D. prog and Scholarships. For more details visit our site: https://timescoursefinder.com/

Reply
  12. manar mosy
    August 7, 2021 at 2:35 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you for your effort, we wish you more progress and success .
    https://www.4up4.com

Reply
  13. keysa
    August 9, 2021 at 3:49 pm (3 years ago)

‌Thanks for sharing the article is very useful, don’t forget to also visit my blog games

Reply
  14. saddam
    August 11, 2021 at 2:32 am (3 years ago)

pencilbox@edu.bd is one of the leading training institutions In Bangladesh. They have all types of its courses. Just like; Digital marketing, Android Development, ASP.net, etc courses

Reply
  15. mekar rahayu
    August 16, 2021 at 12:04 pm (3 years ago)

Nice info, Jangan Lupa Kunjungi…….

mekarrahayu.com

Reply
  16. pipin
    August 16, 2021 at 11:54 pm (3 years ago)

WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) where we can make a web without coding by adding some content which is then launched so that it is easier.
    As for Divi Builder, this is one of the plugins that serves to make your platform more powerful.

Reply
  17. Helowi
    August 17, 2021 at 12:50 am (3 years ago)

Your Article is very nice . Thank you for making this article. Maybe you can visit to my website
    Helowi

Reply
  18. noor
    August 17, 2021 at 9:34 am (3 years ago)

Noor Academy, an online platform for kids Quran Sciences, is an ambitious project that aims to create an interactive and easy educational environment for kids and the Noble Quran, where numerous challenges -related to society, job, and a place to live- stand in the way of enrolling in universities and private education centers.

Noor Academy is managed by a group of professors, who specialize in the sciences of the Quran and the Arabic language. Besides expert professors, Noor Academy employs a team of qualified lecturers in Arabic and English, who provide professional online education, in a variety of disciplines.
    https://nooracademy.com/

Reply
  19. islam manarrah
    August 17, 2021 at 9:37 am (3 years ago)

Manaarah provides digital educational solutions for schools, universities and companies. We develop and design courses, curriculum, textbooks, educational games, and other educational materials for your schools. Companies count on Manaarah for comprehensive and engaging training and interactive instructional manuals of your company.
    https://www.manaarah.com/

Reply
  20. nora
    August 17, 2021 at 9:39 am (3 years ago)

Noor Academy aims to provide Islamic knowledge in general for kids and in particular the specialized sciences of the Holy Quran from memorizing and reciting the Quran, through an educational, multimedia, and easy-to-use platform via the Internet.

Teaching aids include video, audio, and text files, as well as interactive live lessons.

Noor Academy also offers exemplary lessons in the Arabic language, as it is the main entrance to the sciences of the Noble Quran.
    https://nooracademy.com/

Reply
  21. Lasv
    August 27, 2021 at 12:29 pm (3 years ago)

thanks for Greed Job FOr Shararing

Reply
  22. seltra
    September 6, 2021 at 3:36 am (3 years ago)

Mantap, apalagi metrolagu sangat lengkap, thanks.

Reply
  23. Sadaf Khan
    September 18, 2021 at 7:52 am (3 years ago)

Hello I am Water Filters UAE so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else,

Reply
  24. Saba Khan
    September 20, 2021 at 2:04 am (3 years ago)

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. thanks from water ionizer machine dubai company….

Reply
  25. iPhone ipad
    September 24, 2021 at 5:33 am (3 years ago)

You can get blogger and wordpress themes on this website its awesome thanks for sharing..
    Shadow rocket ipa

Reply
  26. شات العراق
    November 12, 2021 at 3:07 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks for this awesome post admin.
    شات العراق

Reply
  27. levelbet88
    November 13, 2021 at 11:44 pm (3 years ago)

thanks for your post this it very cool good information
    LEVELBET88

Reply
  28. Megan Thompson
    November 15, 2021 at 5:58 am (3 years ago)

In my opinion, technology has collapsed so much that now even the law can be learned without leaving home. You go to a site, and here you have bes codes https://lawrina.com/us-law/federal/codes/ and other legal information that you need

Reply
  29. Gen
    November 23, 2021 at 11:03 pm (3 years ago)

you are great. this is really experience I am looking for, thank you WP Hosting

Reply