Meet 220: Lou Gattis

“Meet 220” is a series of posts featuring staff of the Smeal Professional Graduate Programs. “220” refers to the suite of offices within the Business Building where the team is housed.

Lou Gattis, Clinical Professor of Finance, Faculty Director for MBA and EMBA, Professional Graduate Programs

What’s your role with the Smeal PGP office?

My role is to ensure students receive the best educational experience possible by (1) offering the most relevant curriculum, courses, concentrations, and options; (2) recruiting and supporting the top Smeal faculty to teach in graduate programs, (3) leading academic integrity efforts, and (4) acting as liaison between students and faculty.

What did you do prior to coming to Smeal?

Prior to Smeal I was completing my Ph.D in Economics will serving as director in risk management at one of the largest financial institutions in the world.

What’s your favorite thing about your role?

Working with students, faculty, and staff to make the program a little better everyday.

What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?

I love to travel. I have traveled to 34 countries — but only 27 U.S. states.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be and why?

Bruce Springsteen during a world tour.