MOL Spotlight: Leander Berry

Leander Berry, MOL Class of 2018

Email: lzb5187@psu.edu

From: Philadelphia, PA -“City of Brotherly Love”

Undergraduate Degree: Energy Business and Finance, Penn State University

What previous internship(s) or work experience do you have?

My most recent internship was with Dudley Land Company in Pittsburgh, PA. There, I served as a Landman and researched land ownership, so oil companies can contact the owner to get permission to drill on their land.

Why did you choose to pursue an MOL degree?

I chose to pursue and MOL degree to better prepare me for the business world. I wanted to set myself apart from others going into an entry level job by being able to effectively lead a team. I also wanted to become confident in public speaking and I knew this degree would push me to do so.

What has been your favorite aspect of the Smeal MOL degree thus far?

My favorite aspect of the Smear MOL degree is having our own personal career advisors. In undergrad, you have to share the career advisors with hundreds of students but in this program, it’s just the MBA and MOL students.

What are your career goals and how will this MOL degree set you up to achieve those goals?

My career goals are to become project manager in the energy industry and work my way up to a senior project manager. The MOL degree will expedite that process because I’ll already have a masters, have knowledge of how to budget a project, and lead a team.

What is an interesting fact about you that we would not find on your resume?

After I graduated high school, my high school football team named an award after me honoring my on and off the field hard work and dedication being a student athlete. It’s given to the student athlete who has the highest GPA and shows great work ethic on the field.