Dr. Arnab Bhowmik, post-doctoral scholar 2016-2018, current position is Assistant Professor at North Carolina A & T, Arnab’s Personal Website
Ph.D. Graduates and Current Places of Employment
- Xin Peng, Ph.D., Ecology (2016), China Green Agriculture, Inc., Xi’an, China
- Claudia Rojas-Alvarado, Ph.D. Soil Science and Biogeochemistry (2013), Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Morgan L. Minyard, Ph.D., Soil Science and Biogeochemistry (2010), U.S. Department of Defense, Aberdeen, MD
- Maina Martir-Torres, Ph.D., Soil Science and Biogeochemistry (2010), U.S. Department of State, Washington, DCYonghua Luo, Ph.D. Soil Science (2007), Postdoctoral Researcher, USDOE National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado
- Yonghua Luo, Ph.D. Soil Science (2008), USDOE National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO; now at Abeome, Athens, GA.
- Loren Byrne, Ph.D. Ecology (2006), Associate Professor of Biology, Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI
- Jody Gibson, Ph.D. Soil Science (2005), TGE Resources, Inc., Houston, TX, now in Bakersfield, CA
- Hugo Castillo, Ph.D. Ecology (2005), Assistant Professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL.
M.S. Graduates and Current Places of Employment:
Emily Ball, received her M.S. in Soil Science in 2019, and worked in the Bruns lab to determine the “Effects of Management on Selected Soil Properties and Nitrous Oxide Fluxes in Dairy Cropping Systems”. She currently holds a position as a Soil Conservation Technician at NRCS.
Undergraduate Research Assistants:
Ana Turosky, received her B.S. in Environmental Resource Management in 2018 and worked in the Bruns lab toward identifying the impact of glyphosate on culturable fungal populations in agricultural soils. She currently holds a position as a Soil Conservation Technician at NRCS.
- Dr. Radha Prasanna, (Sept-Dec 2010), Indian Agricultural Institute, New Delhi
- Rosemary Gutierrez, ASM International Professorship Fellow (June-Nov 2011; Jan-May 2013), University of the Philippines–Baguio
Biotechnology Rotation Students
- Kyle Elkin (2008–2009)
- Jaquelyn Teresky (2009–2010)
- Shilpa Kumar (2010–2011)