History of a Public Controversy Ideas

While discussing a controversy in the eye of the public can be anything but pleasant, I believe that most of them are necessary. Political divergence can help draw attention to a desired topic and raise awareness for the issue at hand. In history, there have been many problems that raise concern in our society, such as access to legal abortions and the implementation of taxes to reduce plastic waste. Both of these topics hold long-standing relevance in our nation, as they have been considered controversial for decades now and continue to be heavily debated topics. Specifically, the topic of legalizing abortions have been discussed since the 1960s, and while the idea has never lost importance, the case of Roe vs. Wade stepped back into the spotlight when it was overturned this June. As a woman, I feel very strongly about the discussion of this topic and believe that women’s rights is something that everyone should have an opinion on. Similarly, I also believe that talking about the application of taxes to help reduce plastic waste should be discussed more and is crucial to help our environment and our society. No matter which topic is chosen, I think that they are both so heavily debated that it would lead to a very interesting discussion.