On this afternoon we decided to have a social bonding activity which consisted of cooking Arroz a la Cubana we cooked the recipe that Kelly’s host Mother Senora Olga shared with her which is one of the many ways to cook it.
The recipe below
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 1/4 c of uncooked rice.
- 1/4 c of tomato sauce.
- 1 egg
- Optional banana / bacon/ ham
- Use twice as much water as rice and add a pinch of salt.
- Put in a pot and simmer and cover for approximately 18 mins or until rice cooked and water is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork. And set aside.
- If cooking any optionals: Cut banana in half long way and fry in olive oil to preference. Fry bacon and/or ham to preference. Set aside.
- In a small pot, put tomato sauce on medium heat.
- Once the sauce is simmering, crack in the egg.
- Cover the pot and cook for approximately 2 mins or until egg is cooked to preference.
- Serve rice in the shape of a volcano and top with tomato sauce & egg.
- Serve optionals on the side.
- ¡Buen provecho!