Funding Agency: Learning Disabilities Foundation of America (LDFA)
Description: LFDA is tax-exempt public charity established in 1979 by the Learning Disabilities Association of America to facilitate research and education for individuals with learning disabilities. The organization seeks to broaden public awareness of Learning Disabilities and provide support for the accurate identification, ongoing evaluation and complete education of and services for children and adults with learning disabilities. As per the site, examples of research endeavors that they are interested in funding include
- Innovative research into the causes, the prevention and/or the alleviation of learning disabilities
- Distinctive public awareness programs to advance public understanding of the needs of persons with learning disabilities
- Innovative programs to advance the achievement of persons with learning disabilities, increase the support skills of their families, support academic and professional advisors, and enhance the understanding of learning disabilities by their colleagues and employer
Type of Grant Funded: Grants may be made to the Learning Disabilities Association of America or to any other organization within the United States or any of its possessions exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code and contributions to which are tax deductible.
- With the exception of certain funds restricted for use by The Learning Disabilities Association of America, grants will not be made for capital campaigns, routine organizational operations (e.g. newsletters, utilities, salaries, equipment considered normal for organizational operations), or for endowment funds.
- Grants will not be made to individuals or for individual scholarships.
- The Board of Managers of the Foundation may request an interview with the primary facilitator and/or site visit, in addition to the written grant application.
- Projects of national impact and projects that may be replicated are given preference.
Eligibility: Higher Education Institutions, nonprofits other than institutions of higher education, for profit organizations, government organizations, foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. organizations
Grant Application: https://www.ldfamerica.org/grant-application.html
Grant Application Guide: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-to-apply-application-guide.html#inst
Application Characteristics: As per the organization’s site, applications for grants to the Learning Disabilities Foundation of America must contain the following documentation in order listed:
- Cover Letter: Please see below to download our Grant Cover Letter.
- Grant Proposal: No more than 5 pages in length.
- Grant Budget Justification: Include specific details of the amount of funds requested and how these funds will be spent.
- Primary Facilitator: Qualifications of the proposed project and institution, agency, or organization to undertake and complete the proposed project.
- Copy of 501(c)(3) ruling letter from IRS.
- All grant applications that are from The Learning Disabilities Association of America: Committees must include a letter of approval from the LDA Executive Committee.
Deadlines: Twice a year (most recent was September 15, 2019)