Stand Up 2020
The Nomination Process
Deadline for nominations is January 27, 2020.
- Nominators must write a confidential letter on behalf of the student. Please be specific and provide relevant details for the Stand Up Award Committee to consider in their review process. This letter should address the following items:
- How do you know the student?
- How did you become aware of the student’s ethical leadership?
- What did the student accomplish?
- What is the ethical issue(s) that the student’s actions addressed?
- How did the student serve as an exemplar of ethical leadership?
- A three-part essay written by the nominee, of no more than 750 words, describing what was accomplished, the moral reasoning and ethical motivation that led to the action, and how these actions involved and modeled ethical leadership. The nominee can find the editable essay form here.
Please have these items complete before submitting your portion of the nomination.
The Rock Ethics Institute created the Stand Up Awards in 2008 to honor Penn State undergraduate students who demonstrate the courage to stand behind a cause, idea, or belief as they exhibit ethical leadership on campus and in the community.