Two configuration updates were made recently:
- Clearing flags helps advisers and instructors identify students who may need additional outreach by documenting those who have already taken some action. Starfish released an update that allows users to choose reasons for the clearing of flags once they serve their purpose of gaining a student’s attention. There are three reasons users can choose:
- The concern was addressed with the student
- The concern is no longer relevant
- The flag was raised by mistake
Academic advisers are asked to use only the first two flags, reserving the third for instructors. Advisers are also encouraged to provide comments so the instructor knows how the raised issue was addressed.
- Starfish added additional security around emails sent on behalf of users at Penn State. At this time, the changes result in all emails sent from Penn State users through Starfish to come from the address “email@example.com.” Emails will still automatically go to student’s Penn State email addresses, and will automatically reply to the email sender.