The mission of the Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Program at the Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine is to bring together professionals and students pursuing research in the areas of stem cell biology, disease modeling, cancer stem cell biology, aging, and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to accelerate basic and translational research through multidisciplinary collaborations, offer educational programs, exchange technical expertise, and connect with other stem cell research communities in our country and across the globe.
- Increase intra-institutional collaborations through faculty interactions;
- Increase quality of research and publications for our participants;
- Facilitate funding of stem cell research projects by internal and external sources;
- Grow as a scientific community;
- Make stem cell research at the Hershey Medical Center more innovative, productive and fun.
Become a Member
The Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Program welcomes Penn State Hershey faculty, staff, and students that are currently conducting or are interested in initiating studies involving stem and progenitor cells.
Discover properties of stem and progenitor cells in normal development and disease.
Employ stem cell-based models for disease modeling, toxicity studies, and drug development.