Oh the weather outside is… WARM?

When it comes to the weather, I don’t joke around, I am very serious when I say that I do not like the cold and that I worship the days that we have relatively nice weather. Now lets face it I clearly do not make good decisions when it comes to certain things, such as hating the cold and then picking a college that looks like this outside for a majority of our school year:

and this:

and feels like this:

and makes us look like this on a daily basis:

But for the past few days the weather has changed, I mean we go to Penn State so…Photo: Submission by Bhavya Shah!

it was bound to happen eventual, and while I am sure at some point its going to get cold again (my weather app says next Tuesday), at least we have some warmth now, at least its not negative and it is getting into the 50’s!!! That is right this Friday and Saturday it is supposed to be 50! And so the advice that I offer to you today is to GET OUT OF YOUR DORM AND GO OUTSIDE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Seriously when its past 30 outside I refuse to wear a jacket (I am not saying that this is a good idea, I’m just saying that it is what I do), I take the long way to classes so I can enjoy the weather, I run all of my errands so I can be outside, and I never consider taking the bus because I refuse to skip out on what counts as a warm day in Penn State. And I have so much respect for those that see the temperature rise past 30 degrees and look like this…

… and truly take in that warmish weather (but don’t mistake yourself for invincible and try to pull this off every day, 40 and above is the only time I should see shorts AND flip flops) But when the warm weather rolls in, get outside, who cares if there is a little wind, forget about the rain (at least its not snowing!), just get outside and move around, because who knows what the weather is going to bring us next. I am a hermit in the winter, I do not leave my building for longer than I have to, and so these few days of warm and bearable weather are a God send to me, I have enjoyed these days as well as the nice ones that we had over spring break and I will continue to enjoy this nice weather that we are getting. So just get outside and enjoy the weather, today is the first day of Spring, why not celebrate it and go running, play some frisbee, or at least take a walk. Seriously I did not enjoy the warm weather days enough back in the fall, I was to busy getting settled in and thinking I would be able to get away with a sweat shirt all year, so now I am going to enjoy these days to the fullest, besides it is a great excuse procrastinate for all of my tests.

8 thoughts on “Oh the weather outside is… WARM?

1. Brittany Ayers

Hahahaha! Mary, this made my day! You are so right though! It is literally so cold here. This was a rough winter! I wish the warm weather had stayed around. It IS Spring now, but it certainly doesn’t feel like it! Hopefully soon, I’ll be able to walk outside without my parka and snow boots.

2. Alyssa San Jose

Winter needs to stop being clingy, it’s taken up 5 months of the year already. like give the other seasons a chance!

3. Brad Pechin

The weather here really is ridiculous and I completely share your opinion on cold weather. It’s the worst! I can’t go outside and be happy knowing it’s going to be freezing out. And when there’s wind, it makes it 100 times worse. Sometimes, I really can’t believe I chose to come to school here. And you’re totally right about taking advantage of good weather. It’s like a sin to waste a good day out, especially at State College. People need to get outside before the weather changes back to what it really is – a tundra.

4. Helen Tang

Personally, I think people are crazy to wear shorts at any temperature below, say, 60. But I totally agree that the cold needs to stop. I want my warm, spring sunshine!

5. Jennifer

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I’m so excited about the warm weather! I’ve heard that it can snow in late April, but if this is what Penn State is like in March/April, I’ll be happy. It’s not warm enough to need a fan or to bring up the shorts, but it’s warm enough for the lighter jacket and leaving the window open for a while without freezing. Happy Spring!!

6. Khushboo Attarwala

I am so excited for the warm weather! It’s a little sad that it’s come to the point where anything above 30 degrees is considered “warm”. The weather this week has been completely heavenly. I’ve actually enjoyed walking to class instead of just rushing from one place to another while trying my best to not freeze to death.

7. Josh Larimer

I like all of the pictures you posted in this post. They are pretty funny. It is definitely time for a considerable change in weather around here. I is so freakin’ cold every day. I can’t stands it no more!

8. Jessica Yun

The weather did get really nice after the spring break. I put away my thick jacket and took out thinner one. I do hate the cold too so I am getting excited more and more each day for nicer days to come. Also, today is the first day of the spring! Excited.