Kathryn’s Experience in Perth

Kathryn studied in Australia on the CIEE: Perth, Murdoch University – Arts and Sciences Program.

If you could give only one reason, why would you suggest other students study abroad?

Studying abroad allows you to really see the world while still getting your education. There are so many opportunities to explore new areas, new cities, new countries, and learn about so many different cultures while studying abroad. I learned so much about myself and the world while traveling.

If you could go abroad again, what would you do differently?

I would possibly extend my program to either stay for the rest of the summer or spend another semester abroad. The times I spent studying abroad are some of my best memories and also helped me learn so much through a new point of view. So extending my time even for a few weeks would allow me to see and learn more about that country, region, or culture.

What was it about your program specifically that fit your personal goals over other programs?

The main point about my program was that it had courses that would not only benefit my major but also my minor. The other was that it was in an English speaking country that I had on my own personal bucket list.