Oreo Balls

The recipe I am sharing with you today is honestly one of the most challenging thing I make because I dislike using melted chocolate. Besides using the melted chocolate, this is a fairly simple recipe to make because it does not take a lot of ingredients to make it. All you need is Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate melting wafers. The melting wafers could either be milk chocolate or white chocolate. This is totally up to you, but I typically use white chocolate.

For one batch of Oreo balls, you need to first begin by crush up one package of Oreos until it is fine crumbs. You can do this by placing the Oreos in a food processor, or you can place the Oreos in a Ziploc bag and crush them by rolling a rolling pin over them. Once they are crushed, place the Oreo crumbs into a bowl, and then use a mixer to mix in the softened cream cheese. Mix until the Oreos and cream cheese are blended and can be rolled into ball form. Next, you will roll this mixture into 1-inch balls, and then place them on a cookie sheet. Once they are all of the cookie sheet, stick a toothpick in each ball. This will make it easier when you coat them in chocolate. Now, let them chill in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours.

This is where it starts to get tricky. Get five or less of the Oreo balls in refrigerator out to be covered in melted chocolate. I advise only five because they tend to soften very quick; they are harder to work with when they are soft. Melt some of the chocolate wafers in 30 second intervals until they are melted completely. I say only some because the chocolate re-hardens, and you are not able to melt it again once this happens. You will need other chocolate to melt. Finally, cover the Oreo balls in melted chocolate, and then set them back on the cookie sheet. They will harden and become perfect to eat. To make them prettier, you could save some Oreo crumbs at the beginning and sprinkle them on once they are covered in chocolate. I linked the recipe I used down below. There is also a picture of when I made them. I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did!

https://bakingamoment.com/oreo-balls/

2 thoughts on “Oreo Balls

1. Oh my this looks and sounds delicious to make. I used to love Oreos and when I was younger I would buy the family size containers just to eat them by myself. If I was younger I would definitely go and make these things but I get sick now when I eat to much sugar. 🙁 You did really good explaining how to make them though and if I ever do end up making them I would come back to this page. Thanks!

2. Oh my gosh, my mom used to make these all of the time when my friends came over for a party! I love these things! We used to use colored melting chocolate to make them fun colors for Halloween and such because they worked well as space-fillers on cupcake trays and stuff! We learned pretty fast, though, that they are not very good as summertime desserts. Even when we would serve them partially frozen, they would turn into little blobs almost instantly in the heat. You do a really great job walking the reader through how to make them, though. A little tip I could think to include in the recipe also is to roll the Oreo balls around with a fork and remove them with a fork as well. It will lead to less chocolate being wiped off than with your fingers!