My Passion – Sticking with the Old

Posted by on Jan 10, 2013 in Passion | 3 comments

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love celebrity gossip, really just gossip in general. I have my host of celebrity websites so I can keep up with all the news and I seriously enjoy scoping out the who’s wearing what and who’s dating who stories that pop up everyday. I knew that I would have a hard time finding something that I loved but could also write about every week for a whole semester. I mean how genius is it to blog on celeb news, something new happens almost every day. In addition to keeping the same topic I’ve decided that I will do more than just scratch the surface, the opinions that I present will be in depth and have evidence such as articles, videos, etc. This way I can do a better job of sparking a thoughtful debate amongst my audience.

Hopefully you guys will continue to read my post and remember; comment, comment, comment!!!

3 Comments

1. I think you’re right that adding videos and links will help your audience get more interested! And, I love celebrity gossip, so I’m totally in. In fact, when Kate Middleton’s nurse committed suicide, I thought about your blog and what you might have to say about that situation. It’s definitely an example of our celebrity culture going wrong.

2. A blog on celebrity gossip is a fantastic idea for a year of blogging. You never run out of things to talk about! I definitely agree that pictures, videos, and articles will better your blog. If you’re writing about who wore it best, a picture would bring your point home. If someone trips on the red carpet, a video would be hilarious. I actually had an epiphany the other day that I may want to do my passion blog on The Bachelor, however, I need to figure out how many episodes are in the season and if I will have enough material for the semester. I totally see where you’re coming from when it comes to a love of celebrity gossip; who knows? You could be the next Perez Hilton!

3. I’ll be honest with you, celeb gossip has never been my forefront of interest but maybe your posts will sway my opinions and even get me up to date on what’s what. Adding links and videos as you said will be really cool and make it captivating for all audiences. It’s also good that your topic basically refreshes itself every day as you said.