The Mysterious World of Lucid Dreaming

lucid dreaming pic

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/04/the-ways-to-control-dreaming/360032/

Do you have fantasies that you would never dare act upon in real life? Lucid dreaming could be your outlet! What is lucid dreaming? Lucid dreaming is the ability to tap into the different abilities of your brain that you would otherwise not be able to use while awake. Lucid dreaming is when the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. People become attracted to lucid dreaming because they are able to do things they would never be able to do in reality. As people progress in their abilities to lucid dream, they begin to explore the boundaries of their own agency and the limits of the universe.

But how to you achieve such an idea such as lucid dreaming? The best technique is to actually become more aware. Look and listen, and start paying attention to details, because once you realize something is wrong or out of place, that is a sign that you are lucid dreaming. The best way to start is to begin paying more attention to the environment around you when you are awake. Mental habits that you practice during the day tend to continue in your dreams. So once you begin examining your surroundings throughout the day, you begin noticing your awareness is different during your dreams.

lucid dreaming quote

http://flyawakepdx.tumblr.com

People claim that after having lucid dreamt, their spiritual awareness became heightened. It makes people more enlightened. People learn to be present in the moment and take in their surroundings that would otherwise be blocked by random thoughts or the past or the future. The main thing spiritual teachers have in common is teaching their students to be more present. That is what lucid dreamers have been working to achieve. Lucid dreamers are aware of the moment with more than their physical body, but also their mind because their agency has been expanded into a higher self.

I have been pretty reserved from lucid dreaming because I was afraid of the possible negative affects that could happen. However, after researching a bit, I found that their are not any dangerous affects from lucid dreaming. After researching a bit, I found out the obvious. Lucid dreamers are so in touch with their awake and sleeping mind that they know the difference very well. But it is common to have people who do not practice lucid dreaming to become confused about whether their dream was real or not, which I have experienced many times.

lucid dreaming ny mag

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/02/what-its-like-to-be-a-lucid-dreamer.html

When I was beginning to learn about lucid dreaming, I immediately thought that I would not wake up as well rested if I lucid dreamt compared to if i passively dreamt. But I learned that passively dreaming can be much more exhausting. If I am dreaming about a fight with a friend, I could wake up flustered and upset. However, if i lucid dreamt, I could intervene and make the dream much more fun and wake up happier and more refreshed.

Lucid dreaming can be used to help one figure out different solutions to problems that they would otherwise be too afraid to try. Lucid dreaming can be a useful tool to the human mind, but take practice and determination to achieve.

1 Comment on The Mysterious World of Lucid Dreaming

1. anr5413
    July 17, 2016 at 4:56 pm (1 year ago)

I didn’t know that lucid dreaming wasn’t harmful; I always thought of it negatively.