Leadership Activities

Spanish Honors Society        spanish flag

I was inducted during my sophomore year of high school. I would attend monthly meetings after school where different fundraising tactics were discussed and Icontributed to raising money for the society and those in need. Some of the fundraising I was involved in was bake sales and lollipop sales during lunches and the money raised would go to those in need in other Spanish speaking countries.

STAR Program

I was a part of the star program all four years of high school. This leadership opportunity gave me a chance to assist in elementary school classrooms after school every week. I would go to the classroom for the end of their day and help the kids with whatever lesson they were learning, read books to them, and also even grade homework and tests. I also tutored many of the kids if they were having trouble in a certain subject. Throughout my four yearsof the program, I volunteered with classrooms with students from second to fifth grade.

Delta Gamma Sororitydelta gamma

Currently, I am an active member in the Alpha Chi chapter of Delta Gamma for the past two years and I hold two leadership positions, Director of Social Events and Junior Member on Honor Board. As the Director of Social Events I am involved in planning social events for the chapter as well as participating in academic and philanthropic events. Serving as Junior Member on our Honor Board, or standards board, has been a real honor. The board meets every week and confidential issues that need to be taken care of are discussed and assessed for the further success of our chapter. In addition to my two leadership roles, I have participated in raising money for Delta Gamma’s national philanthropy Service for Sight through events such as Anchorsplash and Anchorslam. Delta Gamma has also worked with a partner fraternity to raise over $100,000 for the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon in efforts to help kids suffering from pediatric cancer. Being a sister of Delta Gamma has opened many doors for leadership opportunities and has given me a sense of a second home away from home.