Social Learning Theory in Public Relations

The social learning theory is one of the most influential learning theories today. Keeping in mind that the social learning theory explains how a person learns and takes in information, and then proceeds to copy behaviors, public relations professionals can use this to their advantage. When professionals use the social learning theory purposefully and correctly in the field of communications and public relations, the results can be highly successful and effective.

To read more about the concept of the social learning theory and how it relates specifically to public relations, check out my paper here!

One thought on “Social Learning Theory in Public Relations

1. Christina Caporale says:

Hi Taylor, I really enjoyed reading your paper because it made this theory easy for me to understand. I think that this theory is so critical in the PR profession and it is seen so much in today’s society. Because of this, I enjoyed reading all about this theory and learning more about it. I thought the conceptual model you chose, the Social Learning Theory Triangle, was very clear and also helped me further grasp all of the concepts (I am a more visual learner). I also liked the campaign you chose as an example of this theory. I thought it was a great way to portray this and tie this theory into the professional PR world.