Captain Marvel

For this week’s passion blog I watched the movie, Captain Marvel. Captain  Marvel is the 21st movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe it came out in 2019. This movie contains large-scale actors such as Brie Larsen and Samuel L. Jackson.

Captain Marvel details the story of the intergalactic battle between the Kree and Skrulls. Unfortunately, though after helping United States’ AirForce pilot Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel loses her memory associated with her previous life due to a blast from (I call it the blue box I am not sure what that thing is called). She and Nick eventually partner up to harness her power and to win the battle.

Overall, I have to say I did genuinely enjoy this movie more than I did Captain America: The First Avenger. The graphics and special effects were exponentially better, most likely because the movie came out more recently. I also enjoyed the main female cast, this definitely stood out to me because from what I have seen of the Marvel Cinematic Universe the main characters tend to be male and there are fewer diverse perspectives. I enjoyed the part with the cat being one of the most vicious creatures in the intergalactic battle because as someone who owns three cats they truly do run my world.

This movie seemed to be a perfect blend of comedy but also added to the timeline of the Marvel Universe. It is clear that whatever the blue box thing is, is going to be of extreme significance in future movies and I am assuming it will be brought up again. I do not always have time to watch movies and finding a two-hour block where I am available to sit down and watch one of these movies is difficult, so while both movies have left me on a cliffhanger I am grateful to see the extra clips during the end credits to at least foreshadow what is coming next and when I can expect to see certain characters again.

The next movie in the Timeline Order provided by Disney+ is the first Iron Man. Since there are two movies I am going to try my best to watch both before next week’s passion blog post!

3 thoughts on “Captain Marvel”

1. I’m glad that you enjoyed Captain Marvel! I also found it to be a good movie.
    I definitely agree with your statement about trying to find time to sit down and watch a movie while juggling schoolwork. Especially when there is something already on your mind, it’s even more difficult to get yourself to focus on the movie at hand.
    Overall, great blog post this week and I look forward to reading your post about Iron Man!

2. I love this! I’ve been meaning to watch this movie, and I’ll take this blog as a sign haha. I feel like this movie came under a lot of scrutiny for challenging the male dominated dynamic of a lot of marvel movies, and a lot of people were quick to write it off as “overly woke” without giving it a fair shot. That being said, it made me happy that this ranked above Captain America in your book.

3. I LOVE CAPTAIN MARVEL. Carol is just so cool. I’m so excited to see you keep winding through the Marvel movies. Fun fact: the Air Force base and plane scenes were filmed on the AFB that I lived on! I actually have a photo with a pilot helmet signed by the whole cast.