Thor

Thor movie poster #706952 - MoviePosters2.com

The movie that I got to watch this week was the movie Thor. This movie came out in 2011 and in my opinion has one of the most iconic cast lists out of the Marvel movies I have seen thus far. With well-known actors Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman this movie is sure to not disappoint.

Overall, on the casting I cannot think of a better actor to play Thor. He played the part of an arrogant and cocky male at some points wonderfully. However, the emotional growth and action packed scenes were definitely ones to note. One thing that I think was especially unique to this movie is that it felt like it had an ancient Greek theme. Similar to that of the recent Marvel release Eternals. Most of the movie have a modern feel and I could not really trace it back to certain cultural themes. This movie however felt like it had ties to ancient Greek stories that I had learned about in middle school. After, reading some reviews on this movie I found out that some were not particular fans of this stylistic choice for the plot. However, I loved it and I think it really made this movie stand out in comparison to the other Marvel movies I have seen.

Another thing that I loved from this movie is that it was easy to follow. I will admit I probably have one of the worst attention spans of all time. Hence why getting myself to sit down and watch a movie in itself is definitely a challenge. I am that friend that checks their phone during the movie and always asks clarifying questions on what just happened. However, while this movie continues to stun and be a fan favorite of avid movie watchers. I really enjoyed it not only because the movie was good but because it was easy to follow. It was easy for me to catch back up to the plot of the movie when I would inevitably get confused. I was also able to see some connections throughout the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe and common themes throughout the movies. I even got to catch some of the Easter eggs hidden throughout the movie. Which if you have trouble maintaining full attention on movies I would definitely suggest keeping a list of Easter eggs for yourself.

The extra scene at the end of the movie I think was definitely more enjoyable but I am not quite sure if that is because the quality of the scene changed or if it is because I suddenly have a better understanding of the Marvel Universe.

Overall, I am a pretty big fan of the Thor movie and am looking forward to watching the rest during this venture down the hole that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The next movie that I will be watching is The Avengers. I am quite excited about this because I feel like I will have an understanding of a chunk of the movies and it feels like I am moving into another chapter of the Marvel universe. I am looking forward to seeing how all of the movies I have watched so far will tie together in The Avengers movie.

4 thoughts on “Thor”

1. I’ve never watched Thor but have only seen clips of it, and I could witness the heavily incorporated Greek elements that I absolutely loved. I’m glad that you said it was easy to follow because I also have one of the shortest attention spans of all time. I’m that person who just straight up leaves and occasionally comes back to stare at the screen and then leaves again. Annoying, I know.

Overall, hopefully, I can watch Thor one day because it seems really interesting by your review!

2. I love thor and am also easily distracted. I’ll have to give it a watch. I haven’t really read about mythology since the Percy Jackson series, so I should really check it out.

3. It’s Thor time!!! I’m going to be brave again and just say the Thor movies are not it, for me. My preference ranking goes Thor 3, Thor 1, and Thor 2 just should never be watched by anyone ever again. Thor is a good movie but honestly I CANNOT stand Jane as a character, she feels so bland. Darcey on the other hand is one of the BEST characters in that movie. Her quick witted and dry humor amuses me to no end when

1. Well idk why it posted my comment early, but… Darcey amuses me to no end when I watch that movie. Honestly, I just keep getting more and more excited as you move deeper into the MCU