4 thoughts on “Georgia Wood

1. Hi Georgia! The images here are so domestic and familiar which, understanding the story, makes me uncomfortable in a really interesting way. In the details of your research the furniture, the doorway, the wallpaper, the light fixtures are all things I know, so I have the eery sense that the tragedy of Medea has interrupted my own life, my own home.

2. Hi Georgia,

My name is Pam Berlin and I’m a director.

You’ve presented some wonderful images for what Medea left behind in Mexico and what she has found in her new “home” in New York, especially in your Place collage.
    It would be helpful to find a way of melding and representing those two worlds together –since that seems to speak to you in terms of what the play is about. How do you imagine the visual representation of that metaphor being expressed?

3. Georgia, I love your research and mood boards. The approach you have towards separating the two worlds of Mexico and New York in the mood boards translates nicely into the apartment setting in which Medea has been shut in to protect herself from New York, creating a world inside the apartment, in which she keeps as much Mexico that she can inside, and the world outside the apartment, the crazy world of New York. Your analysis into the mindset of Medea as she crosses the border into America and the journey there changing her is very helpful with also analyzing Medea and how the two shows interact and influence one’s perspective on both of them. What I particularly liked about your research and collage is that the boxy features of the apartment, from the rectangular door to the square linoleum floor to the rectangular window with bars on it to the linear wallpaper, all create a vibe that reminds me of a cell, and the very thing to keep her safe in her own little world has become her prison in this new world. Great Job and keep up the good work!