This I Believe Workshop Feedback

The TIB workshop we did in-class on Wednesday was very helpful for me.  It was even more helpful because of the fact our groups were divided by theme, so we could work with similar ideas as everyone else in our group.  I generally enjoy group peer-reviews because it’s always useful to have a set (or multiple sets) of new eyes looking at your work.  I received specific feedback from my group on specific things I need to work on:

Firstly my group told me that in my TIB I needed to clarify the relationship between pride and failure so the reader could have a clearer picture of the image.  I think I will improve this aspect of my TIB by giving pride a metaphoric image to go along with the whole arrow metaphor.

Another tip given to me was to give one or two specific personal example(s) instead of just mentioning a few vague instances. Along with this came the idea to concise the  middle paragraph to give me more space to write some more within the 500 word limit while still maintaining the same idea.  Through all the feedback I received I know I can improve my TIB; I would consider this workshop a success and would also recommend it as a way to peer-review in the future.