May 3

Paramore

I created this image in Spring 2016 for Graphic Design. The assignment was to create a poster for a fake festival or concert using photoshop and illustrator. I created a festival called the “Sunshine Festival”, which at the time I didn’t know was an actually festival name. My favorite part of the flyer was the “Paramore” logo I created. For those of your that may not know, Paramore is a really great rock band from Tennessee featuring Hayley Williams, Taylor York, and Zac Farro. There music is incredible, it will pick up when you are feeling down, make your feel better after a break up, make you want to dance, and so much more. I created this logo because it a really great band and I wanted to show respect to them by creating something that I think embodies them. Paramore is usually expressed with vivid, bold colors so I took out parts of the butterfly and added color. I also kept a few parts of the butterfly undefined and rough around the edges in order to express that fact that they are a rock band they are supposed to be uneven and wild. I chose a butterfly because that was one of Paramore’s original symbols. I made the font for “Paramore” look tattered because it reflects there music and who they are or what there sound means to me.

Posted May 3, 2018 by tft5068 in category Digital Art
Thank You for Reading!