Contracting out drone flying for Penn State will likely be a frequent occurrence. Here are the steps to getting up and running:
- Submit Request to Fly form to the UAS Operations Management Team.
- Pre-coordinate: Submit in advance so we can identify any sticking points well prior to the targeting operating dates
- Contractual and Insurance Requirements: Penn State has contractual and insurance requirements for 3rd party and contracted UA operators. Contact the Risk Management Office at (814) 863-4241 or email@example.com.
- Pilot qualifications: We will request copy of Remote Pilot Certification for the Pilot in Command, along with expiration date for the certification and for medical
- If the operations require authorization or waiver beyond Part 107 and the University holds them, the contractor can operate under our authorization/waiver. We will pass any special requirements to the contractor.
- If the operations will occur under the contractor’s own authorization or waiver, then a copy of these must be provided to the UAS Ops Manager and verified prior to operations
- If the operations require additional up-front prep (e.g., issuing a NOTAM) these must also be provided
Let us know the date and time, and if possible we will come out and observe.