***FALL 2017 INITIATION***:
Invitations to join Penn State’s chapter of Alpha Pi Mu were sent out to eligible juniors, seniors, and graduate students on Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017. See below for details on how to complete the application process.
Benefits of Membership
• Strong resume builder for career events
• The chance of leadership in an officer position (elections every spring)
• Scholarship Opportunities
• Interaction with fellow motivated peers
• Building academic relationships with the IE Faculty
• Prestige of joining a recognized, selective Honor Society
If eligible, you will receive an invitation via email.
• Junior Class: Top fifth of class with a minimum GPA of 3.20
• Senior Class: Top third of class with a minimum GPA of 3.00
• Graduate Students: Recommended by Department Head
How to Join
1. Attend the Mandatory Information Session
• After being invited to join APM, attend the info session to learn about the organization.
• Date and location TBD.
2. Faculty / Professor Meeting
• Meet with a faculty member to discuss personal interests, internships/co-ops, full-time jobs, graduate school, research, etc.
• Please write a (1) page double spaced statement on the topics discussed showcasing what you talked about and how it has possibly influenced your career/academic aspirations.
• Include faculty signature in application.
3. Community Service Requirement
• Demonstrate that you have completed one community service event within the past year.
• Include a signature from the service coordinator in the application
• or you can forward email confirmation to email@example.com.
4. Fill Out and Turn In the Application with the Check
• Official application will be linked here after invitations are sent.
• Pay one-time $55 dues and include check (payable to “Alpha Pi Mu”) with completed application.
• Turn in completed application to 310 Leonhard by
Initiation will be held in the Leonhard Building the week after the application due date. Time and location TBD.
Alpha Pi Mu does have a limited amount of loan money available if you are financially unable to pay the dues at this time. Please see Dr. Harmonosky to apply for the loan.