Multitasking

7143307-2

Yes, I shamelessly yanked this idea from despair.com, but I did make my own meme.  I could honestly think of no better description of what many of us are trying to do in light of this week’s writings, and I think that this meme actually is meant more to remind me of what I do not want to do.  It also reminds me that I am ridculously ineffective when I multi-task.  Yes, I have used a spork and I  think they are pretty useless, even if they are made out of titanium (just do a Google image search). This week’s concept of identity, quite frankly, scares me to no end, because computer technology gives us the illusion that we can do more than we really can and be much more effective.  Often times, it makes us think that we can be different than who we really want to be, often at great cost to our ability live with ourselves, or sleep at night.  This class is helping to put that view in its rightful place in that I want my students to find their identity as something they love rather than something which they are obligated to be.