To facilitate communication between mentors and students, this check-in form is a means to assist in the success of your projects. The idea is to encourage deeper conversation about your projects in regards to the overall expectations, progress, and satisfaction about the experience. This check-in will provide the opportunity for mentors and students to interact and become engaged in the progress of their projects. Additionally, this will allow for UROC coordinators to have timely updates on project progress and mentor-student interactions throughout the semester.
Below is a breakdown of what to think about when answering each section of this form:
- Current Responsibilities: What are the responsibilities of the student for this project?
- Is the student meeting expectations and goals set?
- Where are they succeeding?
- What can be improved upon?
- Have the student’s responsibilities changed or will change?
- Are there new goals that can be made as the project progresses?
UROC Experience Feedback:
- Is the student satisfied or dissatisfied with their experience?
- What can be done to enhance their experience?
- Do they have suggestions for how to further the project or their role?
Please keep these prompts in mind while you work through this check-in with the students. Complete this check-in together at least once a semester, but try for two check-ins if time permits. We encourage mentors and students to meet regularly, so do not limit mentor-student meetings to when check-ins should be done. It is the responsibility of the mentors and students to determine when to complete the check-in form, however check-ins should be conducted in a timely manner (i.e. not the week before the end of the project/program).
Completed forms go to the UROC student coordinators. Any questions regarding this check-in or the UROC program can be directed towards UROC student or faculty coordinators.