~ A Week’s Account: For What it’s Worth ~

I’m not going to lie, this week and potentially this upcoming week have been marked by immense stress. Monday I was feeling under the weather, so I couldn’t attend any of my classes, and I was stuck at home playing catch-up. Tuesday I had school, work, then more school. I work midday on Tuesdays sometimes cause that’s when I’m available, and let me tell you, going to a class at 10:35 till 11:50 in Willard, walking all the way back to the commuter lot, and high-tailing it to Wegmans to work from 1-5, then high-tailing it back for a class from 6-7:15, is not fun. Do not recommend.

The genius in me decided to take two writing courses in one semester, and while creative writing is one of my passions, it becomes a burden at 6pm when I’ve been running around all day, usually on a mostly empty stomach. But hey, I’m alive and kicking, and that’s all I can really ask for.

Everyday you get our best I guess 🙂

Wednesday was mostly a blur, but I do remember coming home to dinner with my family and two of my step-dad’s coworkers, who happen to be around my age and decently funny. It was an even more comical time trying to help my brother, Tyler, with a last minute anatomy project. Luckily, he chose the digestive tract as his model, so whatever food we cooked up didn’t have to look too pretty to pass as intestines. Also, strangely fitting for Halloween.

I know what you’re thinking, Thursday rolls around and surely I went out for spooky season, but no. Rest assured, I did go out last Friday with a few friends, but sadly, tonight, on all Hallows Eve, I’m stuck inside writing reflections and doing math homework. It is currently 12:04 am, and this will be my last assignment for the night. I know I’m breaking the fourth wall a little bit there, but don’t dwell on it too much. Also, today I got to have dinner with a friend and help her study for a Bio exam I already took, and that was honestly one of the highlights of my week. It’s nice when spontaneous little excursions derail you from your

Veronica (as Veronica) and Anna (as Betty) from Riverdale

normal routine for a while. Sabrina, even though you won’t read this, I appreciate you very much!

Unfortunately, since the last passion blog, I do not have any new walking routes, nor words of wisdom to share, but I think it’s important to be honest about my experiences, and let them happen when they may. If I had forced something, or made something up, any reader would’ve caught on immediately, and I strive to be as authentic as I can be. Nevertheless, I hope I at least entertained you with my somewhat sarcastic account of a few days in the life of me. Perhaps we’ll meet again soon.

One thought on “~ A Week’s Account: For What it’s Worth ~

1. I love the authentic style and format of your blog! I think it’s really awesome that you invite your readers into your daily life, and it certainly makes for interesting reading material, even if you feel like your week was pretty normal/stressful. I think this blog does a great job of exploring the realities of being a college student balancing academic, family, personal, and job responsibilities all at once, something a lot of students can relate to. I think the tone of your blog is perfect, it engages the reader, but doesn’t indulge in any falsities. The pictures you include are a nice way to illustrate the points you make as well. I really enjoyed reading your blog!