PAS 6: HOW MY FAVORITE FITNESS INFLUENCERS AFFECT ME, Zhang Zheyu

The next fitness influencer that affects me a lot is Zhang Zheyu from China. He is the youngest Man Physics IFBB Pro in China who studied at Purdue University in his college life. He first started as a soccer player and did a really good job on it. Unfortunately, he injured his knee and never be able to go back to his peak level. This made him decide to start the journey of bodybuilding. By the genetic bless, Zhang Zheyu won the title of IFBB Pro within a couple of years of training. The way he achieved his goal is by a simple mindset. That is Splitting the dream is one goal after another, split those goals into plans, split the plan, that is, every month, every week, every hour, and now.

人一定要有梦想,敢想敢做敢拼,才不悔青春!_网易订阅

He affect me by the fact that I injured myself quite a lot, although the injuries are not tragedy bad. It still gives me a hard time doing what I love. I had a broken ankle in my high school year that bother me for 1 year and lots of time restrict me to do what I want as well. I understand that there will be a lot of steps back in our goals, and that is totally fine. The real issue is that whether we can overcome it or not. If I just stop whenever an obstructor appears. I will never have a chance to reach what I  dream of. Like a quote said “Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength”

I addition, he also shows me that professional bodybuilder can use their fame to influence other people. He opens a gym in Beijing that lots of time will invite different famous bodybuilders to join him and show the public how to do certain exercises. Also, he will make a series of videos about how the way he trains and how the audience should do in the video. That can be extremely helpful for people like me that don’t know how the detail of the exercise. So he really help me a lot in my journey of working out.

RCL 6: The Evolving ideas of Plastic surgery

Plastic surgery is an interesting issue in the world right now. You probably not going to hear people talking about they planning to have their face “fixed” in 1995. However, it seems to be more open and more “acceptable” in the recent community. Just by the number, we can see a huge difference in the idea of plastic surgery. In 2020 there are more than 7 million cases of plastic surgery. This is an insane number since Covid still hitting the U.S pretty badly. More than 7 million are still willing to participate a plastic surgery in such a difficult time. If we look at the number before Covid hit. Your mind probably got blown away because the number is as high as 18 million.

An interesting fact is that people tend to feel shame for letting others know they did plastic surgery. While people sometimes cause it as an advertisement for fame. For example, The Weekend fakes plastic surgery for his song. Personal speaking, I am glad that people start to accept plastic surgery. The first is because it is their own choice to make themselves the way they like. If people think it helps them in any way, I can’t think of a reason that others should judge them. What happened to The Weeknd's face? Singer removes bandages to reveal  'creepy' plastic surgery prosthetics for new video | The Independent

I think people use to treat plastic surgery as a “cheating” thing in the past. This means they feel the people who have done plastic surgery using an unfair way to gain things(such as attention or fame). However, due to the social media and celebrity effects. Plastic surgery become more acceptable for the public. In society now if you have plastic surgery people are more willing to accept it since, in the end, it is about yourself. And I feel like the change of mindset is super important. The reason that the topic really interests me is that I always wanted to do plastic surgery myself. But I never do it because I feel like people will judge me because of that. I know there are definitely people like me who share the same mindset.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Kendall Jenner Plastic Surgery Facts

PAS 5: HOW MY FAVORITE FITNESS INFLUENCERS AFFECT ME, Nyle Nayga

Nyle Nayga is another IFBB Pro bodybuilder that is active on social media(Instagram). The first time I saw his post was on the explored page of my Instagram. The first thing I notice is how crazy his physique is. He looks like a statue, the muscles look like it’s from the other world. One thing that makes me really surprised is that he was really chubby in his teenage life. He was the kind of student that did not really get a lot of attention from anyone(what he said).

Stream Nyle Nayga music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

He suffers from his own identity and solves it by con constantly building himself. From his story, I notice basically everyone can be insecure about their body, and the most common way of solving it seems to be going to the gym. Which I personally agree with. Consistently going to the gym make me feel I have a sense of control in my life and I can be the one who makes the decision that improves myself. As a person who have appearance anxiety my whole life going to the gym and working on my body is kind of the way I feel have some control in life and feel like I am good. He let me know that there’s a lot of people are like me as well.

One thing he said stuck out to me and that is the best diet it’s the diet that you can follow. This is really deep because a lot of time we think that there is some “best” diet we should follow. Lots of times we have been affected by the media and think maybe the Kito diet is the best, and later we might think fasting is the magical way to get shredded. However, if you can’t follow it. None of that will do a thing to your body. This makes me think about the adjustment I should do in order to get a better physique. In addition, lots of his posts teach me some tips for working out and building myself in a more efficient way.

Next time I will be talking about a Chinese IFBB Pro athlete named Zhang Zheyu, and he is the youngest male in China who won a pro card in men physique.

RCL5: Heart Break

Everyone must experience heartbreak sometime in their life. It hurts the same no matter your age, gender, or your experience. The whole topic is surrender around how heartbreak is, and how it affects our life. After watching the video it actually kind of blew my mind, and it also answer lots of the questions I had.

Guy Winch: How to fix a broken heart | TED Talk

In the Ted Talk, the speaker Guy Winch explains to us that when we are having a heartbreak we simply can not trust what our mind is telling us. People tend to reject the real reason why the relationship ends. As the example stated in the video, since the heartbreaking give us such as emotional pain, the cause of it must be equally significant. Lots of time we will tend to find the non-existing reason for break up. In short, our minds trick us to think that is a dramatical reason that causes the ending of the relationship which in most of the case, no. One thing I found really extremely interesting is that the brain study showed that the withdrawal of a romantic relationship is equal to the effect of withdrawal cocaine. This expands my understanding of heartbreak to another level. It let me know the difficultly of not thinking of it, and why it is so important to have social support.

Is Love an Addiction?

Coincidentally, I had a friend who just broke up with his girlfriend and going through the pain right now. After watching this video really make me understand why he stuck in the memory. In Madrian we have a slang call “愛情使人盲目” it means that love makes people stupid. All the things he is doing right now just tell me how sad he is, and I should really give him the support he needs.

I really like how the speaker uses a real-life example for the audience and makes us easier to picture what had happened in the case. You can feel the ups and downs in the words when he is talking. It really takes the audience to feel the same emotional feeling with the example. I feel like this is the biggest difference between a speech and a presentation.  A presentation is more involved with the audience, and the best thing to describe the speaker will be really great delivery skills.

RCL 4: National No Bra Day?!

Amazon.com: No Bra Day T-Shirt : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

When the first time I see this t-shirt was on my friend’s Instagram story; I have to say I was really surprised.  I even thought it was like a joke or something.  Clearly on the T-shirt is said “National No Bra Day” bold and pink. It obviously makes a clear suggestion to people, and that is don’t wear the bra on this day (which is this Wednesday). It is really eyes catching because usually a girl who doesn’t wear a bra will be judge and people will say mean things (at least in Taiwan that is not acceptable), but it make me feel really curious about this and did some research into it.

Apparently, National No Bra Day is for encouraging breast cancer awareness in the beginning, but it actually brings up another social issue. As time passes it becomes a moment about showing women should have the right to wear what they want. Why women should be restricted to wear a bra. Although it is not a law but a norm that restricts women’s freedom of wearing the thing they want.  This shows an issue of how women have been suppressed by the norm from society. Like I mentioned previously when a woman doesn’t wear a bra, people will autosomally give her a lot of labeling. This could discourage them to make the decision of dressing up the thing she loves. This is unfair and shouldn’t really happen in society anymore right now.

The Kampala Gazette on Twitter: "OCTOBER13: NO BRA DAY No Bra Day is an  annual observance on October 13 on which women are encouraged to forgo  wearing a bra as a means

In my opinion, I know women are the group that lots of time don’t get enough attention on their right (such as payment issues). I am really happy to see the kind of things happened in the world that can raise their voice and fight for their right. In sum, I really support this event and think it is an important step for women to get their power by dressing what they want and should not be worry about how other people saying. Since man can literally wear nothing on the top and go on the street. I don’t see any issue of women not wearing bras if they don’t want to.

PAS 4: HOW MY FAVORITE FITNESS INFLUENCERS AFFECT ME, David Laid

This will be the first Instagram influencer that in my PAS post, The first time I notice him is on Greg’s video (PAS 3) and his name is David Laid. He is famous for one video he posted in 2015 named “David Laid 3 Year Natural Transformation 14-17.” The video successfully reach more than 43 million views on youtube and let him blow-up of a sudden. The main reason for his success is the fact he is a good-looking man.  He is 6’2 with a pretty face. When he is the shirt on he just looks like a model for people when he takes his shirt off always blow out people’s mind for his symmetry muscle.

david laid 3 years matural body transformation 14-17 - YouTube

David He is always controversial in the fitness industry since he claims to be a natural bodybuilder while been exposed by lots of people that he’s not.  Plus he is a Gymshark athlete which 90% of the time is enhanced. This pushes him in the discussion of giving the audience unrealistic goals to aiming his physique.

However, put all of the controversies away, I will say that David Laid let me know that fitness can make your body look like a piece of art. That is important to me because most of the time people will think if they work out they will be looking like Mr. Olympia or a crazy muscular monster. The photo and the discussion of David Laid let me know that even if you are on enhancement you are probably not going to reach his level, the way he contains both his strength and low body fat is not approachable to most people. This makes me understand that even you are using performance enhancement drugs you should still work very hard. It is not like using it will automatically give you the dream physique you desired. We will need to work on that.

David Laid really give me a goal to keep pushing myself. Although I understand that it might be impossible for me since I wasn’t on gear. I know that if I want to reach my dream physique I will need to work harder and keep pushing myself.

Pin on EE: AESTHETIC BODYS (YOUR GOAL)