Thai Airway

I just realized that I started introducing my home country with a very unpleasant situation, which might have left a negative impression on some of you. Every coin has two sides; so does my country. Regardless of the current upheaval, there are so many things in Thailand which are really worth visiting. Close your eye. I will take you on a 10-second flight with United Proud Airline across the Pacific Ocean. Welcome all passengers. Please fasten your seat belt and prepare yourself for the wonderful land. Keep all the disruptions I told you in mind. Now, we are landing in “The Land of Smiles.”

Grand Palace

Grand Palace

The first thing that captures your sight since your first step into this country would be an amazing and diverse scenery that Thailand has to offer. The historical legacies, such as old palaces and temples, were full of spell that would take you back in time to our culturally prosperous kingdom. Due to a long history, the architectural styles are distinct from one period to another. Some of those include the blend of our unique Thai style with that of other civilizations, such as ancient Khmer and Lanna kingdom. Several hours away locate breathtakingly beautiful beaches that would give you a sense of reaching the heaven on Earth. The clear light blue water gradually becomes darker and darker as your eyes move further towards the horizon. Surrounding you is pure white and soft sand whose color contrasts sharply with that of the water and blue sky. Since there is no winter in Thailand, you could enjoy the sunlight all day long without the need to wear many clothes to keep yourself from trembling like in this cold Pennsylvania. Wait. Neither did I mean that Pennsylvania is not good nor that Thailand is better. I just want to suggest running away from this freezing cold weather for a while and then come back after the flowers bloom all over Penn State (If you are not kicked out of the college first, I bet it would be fun). By the way, do you still remember the political disorders in Thailand? I am certain that at this point, someone must have forgotten all the disruptions or, at least, felt that these disorders are gradually overshadowed by the amazing things awaiting them in Thailand. I have done my best to introduce you to our beautiful country. However, our 10-second flight definitely cannot give you the same feeling as 22-hours flight to the real place. I know that it sounds long and tiring, but I did tell you, it’s really worth it.

Phuket beach

Phuket beach

Prasat Hin Phimai, Korat, Northeast Thailand

This entry was posted in The Open Window.... Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Thai Airway

1. Camila Landivar says:

WOW, Proud this is beautiful. I’ve never been to Thailand but with this 10 second trip I just took I realized I REALLY need to visit. Phucket beach looks a lot like the beaches in my country, and I don’t know if you feel the same way but since I got here I appreciate my country a lot more than I used to.
    I completely understand how you forget about political issues while you are blown away by this scenery, sometimes I remember how my country has some serious political issues right now but then I go to the beach for hours and completely forget about the bad things haha.