“You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out”

Although I personally think it is too early to even start thinking about Christmas, Starbucks has started making their holiday drinks, and using their holiday cups, so I figure now is the perfect time to talk about one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time, A Christmas Story. In this blog, we will be staying much closer to home than the last one, as the Parker’s house from the movie sits in Cleveland, Ohio. Despite this city being far less exotic than many of the other places I have talked about in my blogs, I would still really enjoy visiting.

Obviously the house from A Christmas Story has inspired me to want to visit Cleveland, but to my new knowledge, there is also a museum dedicated to the movie right across the street from the house. The house has been renovated inside to match the house shown in the movie, complete with a leg lamp in the window. Visitors can visit the house for the day, or can opt to stay overnight in the house, surrounded by memorabilia and props from the movie, living just like Ralphy and his family did. I hold this movie very close to my heart, as this is one that I watch with my whole family on Christmas Day, so being able to visit the house from the movie with the, would be amazing. Although I do love Christmas and this movie, there are other attractions in Cleveland that I would love to see as well.

I have always been a very avid music fan, singing from the time I could talk, and going on to learn to play four different instruments. Because of this love for music, I have always wanted to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which also happens to be located in Cleveland. My grandparents had visited the Hall of Fame and told me about it after returning from their trip, knowing that it is something I would love to see for myself. Not only does the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame include exhibits about the music, it also holds occasional live music and events for visitors to enjoy.

I know that Cleveland has so much to offer, but these two aspects are what really draw me to the city, as both of them are very important to me, and have been parts of my life since I was a little kid.