The Celebration of Scholarship is an opportunity for all Penn State Wilkes-Barre faculty and students to showcase their current research, scholarship, and artistic endeavors. Presentations and posters are open to the public.
Who can participate?
Any student, faculty or staff at Penn State Wilkes-Barre who has conducted scholarship that they wish to share. The Celebration of Scholarship is open to all disciplines: English, History, Engineering, Biology, Information Technology, Business, Surveying, Communication, etc.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018
- Time: Noon-1:00pm
Athletic and Recreation Building (ARB) Gym, Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Why do research?
Research is exciting! It will not only expose you to a discipline’s current practices and trends, but also provide you with an opportunity for personal and professional growth. While learning more about the world and contributing to our knowledge of it, you may figure out what you want to do in it and gain valuable skills that will help you to accomplish your goals.
Why share research?
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is nearby, does it make a sound? There are ways to answer that question. Whether conducted by an individual or by a group, research does little good unless it is shared with colleagues and peers for discussion and information.
How to do research?
- Talk to your professor about feasible topics
- Contact the Nesbitt Library to sign up for a research consultation and poster training session
- Use the Penn State University Libraries‘ resources to identify sources
- Browse the Poster Guidelines and Poster Examples pages here to learn how to make a convincing poster to support your research. View our Celebration of Scholarship slides for more examples.
- Download our tips for poster design handout!