Below you will see a list of candidates (italicized) for each  officer position (bolded) for the 2015-2016 academic year. The election process will be announced soon. Please come back for more updates as this post will be edited as more candidates are nominated.

President

Paulina Erices

After living in University Park for 4 years while my husband was in school, I knew I would go back one day and call Penn State my alma mater as well. I started at Penn State World Campus in 2013; I was hesitant as I was raising three little ones and working. But, I don’t regret the decision; indeed, I truly enjoy the strong academics and the student support World Campus offers. Moreover, the friendships I have made and the opportunities I have had as a World Campus student give a full new meaning to the word education. The World Campus Psychology Club has provided me with extensive learning, meaningful connections, and has helped me to envision a future in the field of psychology.

I feel deeply privileged to be a Penn State student and to be a member of the Psychology Club. I would love for every psychology student in World Campus to enjoy a similar experience.   I have extensive experience in non-profit managing, volunteer coordination, and event planning. Having grown up in Chile and through my work with people from all around the world, I have learned to be sensitive and aware of cultural needs and expectations.  Finally, as a mother, homemaker, and worker, I understand the challenges that adult learners face.

As a President, I would facilitate connections between students and faculty. I would promote live and online events that enrich our learning.  I am confident that we can build a great team, and along with our advisors, facilitate opportunities for our members that reach beyond the online classroom experience.  We can make the Psych Club a virtual place to call home. Thank you.

Thank you so much!

Paulina Erices

Vice-president

Beth Fahey

I have been a student with Penn State World Campus since 2010.  In that time, I have maintained a strong GPA and I have found that student engagement has been one of the reasons I have succeeded as a student. I have been an active member of the World Campus Blue & White Society during my tenure at Penn State and I am currently the Vice President of the World Campus chapter. I feel that my leadership through involvement helps to encourage others to participate as well. I am organized and thoughtful. I enjoy challenges and I am eager to share what I have learned with others.   Being a member of the World Campus Psychology Club is a great privilege. It is a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge and our collective enjoyment in all areas of the science of psychology.   As Vice President I would advocate to World Campus faculty on the benefits of our program and help to facilitate further growth and support for our club.  I would support our club President and help to fulfill any duties with which they needed help.  Thank you for your consideration.

Secretary

Annah Jensen

I’m going into my second semester here at PSU WC after a ten year break from college. At my former college I was extremely active in the student government; as Student Senate Chair, College Board Secretary and Voting Member, President and founder of the College Democrats, Founder and Editor of ‘The Ghost of Ben Franklin’ (a college paper), Student Corp. Vice President, and Executive Producer of the 2004 Rock the Vote festival. That being said I was curious about going to school completely on-line and how I would be able to be active in the WC community. Before my first class I was talking to my advisor about this when she told me about the WC Psychology club. I immediately looked in to it and joined. I was so excited, and through the semester and summer I have meet some amazing people and found my motivation to become more involved. When the opportunity to run for a position came up I was a bit apprehensive – how could I possibly juggle my full-time career, classes, life in general and be able to devote the time deserved to an officer position? Well, I’m a planner – I schedule, and block times, to make everything fit; and I’ve come to realize that this attribute would allow me to excel as Secretary. I’m also very detail orientated. I hope to be given this opportunity and help the chub continue to grow and flourish.

Kaitlyn Schaefer

I’m a new addition to the World Campus family. I was originally a full-time student at University Park until personal reasons caused me to return to my home state of Wisconsin. With a deep sadness of leaving, my love for Penn State was still at my fingertips via World Campus. During my three years at
University Park, I have had several leadership and group positions that I think would make me a good candidate as WCPC secretary. I’ve been a member of Phi Sigma Pi co-ed Honors Fraternity, THON Chair for Woman’s Chorale, and a current FreeThinking Psychology Research Assistant. Now, as a proud member of the WC community, I’m taking the initiative to create more student involvement by
forming a book club, and potentially a political science association. I’m very excited to see where my time at WC takes me, and even more excited to be involved in the WCPC.
Thank you for the consideration!

Web-coordinator

Katie Daniel

I feel I would be a good candidate for Web Coordinator because I have an extensive background in webpage design, social media, and technical support. I love to collaborate ideas and watch them come to life. As a Web Coordinator, I would work with the club to come up with cohesive designs, and I feel my marketing skills will be very valuable.

I have been creating websites, since I was eight years young. Through out that time, I have taken numerous computer classes to enhance my skills. I am very proficient in web design and communication. I would love to be the Web Coordinator and help the Club stand out, like it should. Being online, it is difficult to really show what you are about. I would hope to change that, so that the world can see just how amazing our club is.