Learning the Ropes

I’m nearing the end of my first month in the Undergraduate Admission Office. I’ve learned a lot in the past few weeks, but I know that there’s still much more to go before I fully understand how the admissions process works. Luckily, there’s a great training program in place here and my co-workers are more than willing to let me look over their shoulders and observe how they do their jobs.

A lot of the questions I have are, I’m sure, the same ones that go through the minds of students and parents who are considering Penn State. What does it take to get in? Where can high school transcripts be sent? What types of financial aid are available? I’m slowly but surely learning to answer all of them so I can join my co-workers in responding to questions over the phone, via e-mail, and on our Facebook page.

Another thing I’m looking forward to is giving presentations to students and their families who visit Penn State. As a recent Penn State graduate, I can’t wait to share my story with the audience and hopefully inspire them to become Penn Staters themselves one day.

What questions do you have about getting into Penn State? Here’s hoping that we can learn the answers together.

— Jenna

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.