Spend A Fall Day 2013

This post comes to you from Jason Ramesar, Sr. Coordinator of Marketing/Recruitment & Multicultural Affairs here at Penn State.

Spend A Fall Day 2013 was an exciting and fun experience for the prospective high school students who attended the event at the Penn State University Park campus. Students traveled from New York, New Jersey and Virginia, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg to see what life might be like as a student at Penn State. The program focused on diversity at Penn State and the many opportunities available at the University.

This great event wouldn’t be possible without the Student Minority Advisory and Recruitment Team (SMART). They assisted in organizing current students to host our visitors for a night. They also hosted a welcome social with music and carnival games and organized campus tours. In addition to these activities, prospective students were able to attend an academic and student organization fair, sit-in on a class, listen to a financial aid workshop and ask questions to a student panel.

“I loved the atmosphere,” one participant said. “Everyone is so nice and ambitious. It’s truly a family. I would really like to be a part of it.”

Another prospective student said “Spend A Fall Day gave me a great feel for what my freshman year at Penn State would be like and that’s what students need to make a true decision.”

We love hearing that kind of feedback and are so grateful to have so many current students come out in droves, willing to host prospective students and share their Penn State experiences. As the prospective students saw, “the Penn State Family” is truly more than just a saying.

About Jennie Daley

Admissions counselor at Penn State University.
This entry was posted in Admissions Events, Student Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.