Here are some helpful hints for applying to Penn State:
- Penn State has its own application – we do not use the Common Application.
- Review the Admissions Requirements, Dates & Deadlines, and Steps to Apply on the website for details about your application and the admissions process.
- You can save your work and return to the application at a later time.
- The online application is just the first part of the process – be sure to send us all of the required materials to complete your application. Transcripts must be sent directly from your high school, and test scores must be sent from the College Board or ACT Testing Service.
- After submitting the application, check your MyPennState often. There, we will let you know if we are missing any pieces of your application, give you status updates of where your application is throughout the review process, and ultimately alert you of your admission decision.
- November 30 is our priority filing date. If we have your complete application (official high school transcript, official SAT/ACT scores, and online application) by November 30, you maximize your chances of receiving a Penn State offer of admission to your first choice campus, major, and start term. We also guarantee that you will have a decision no later than January 31.