WE ARE for Science!
We are members from across the Penn State and Centre County communities that advocate for change, action, and inclusion within science.
Together, we formed a coalition of allied organizations that support the accurate representation of science in policy, education and society, while promoting the success of a diverse generation of scientists.
We are comprised of three primary working groups that focus on:
- Security, safety and promoting inclusion of a diverse community
- Science communication to the general public (K-12 and the voting public)
- Science advocacy and policy
Why Penn State?
- We are a top research university with departments that may be most impacted by the current and future political climate.
- We have multiple departments and organizations qualified to tackle these issues.
- We live in a politically important state with strong energy connections and both rural and urban communities.
- We are uniquely poised to change the standard practices for educating scientists so that they are able to better interact with the public, communicate their science, and advocate for science-based policy.